"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Friday, October 9, 2009

The Friday Ramble


I am in the mood to ramble after reading some other friends ramblings....

Scott is off to pick up Tommy from a birthday party. Hard to believe I want to be in bed before he is even back. Probably won't happen but I wouldn't mind crawling in right now.

Scott finished painting and staining the porch and deck tonight, the weather goes downhill, they say, starting tomorrow. So we had to get it done ASAP. Has been on the list of things to do for awhile but between summer heat and humidity, Scott's work travel, moving his office home, my nesting obsession, Ohio trips...today was the day it got done. And it looks great! Thanks my love. Another 2 years til this needs to occur again, and then I won't be pregnant so I can help!

Drew, Jack and I went to see the movie "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" tonight while Scott was home working. It was cute...not great, but the boys enjoyed it and that's what counts right?!

On our way to the movie we walked by the exact car that we had growing up, a Buick Electra station wagon with wood panels. I had to take a picture with my phone. I was very excited. Drew asked if that was considered a nice car when we had it...hmmm interesting question. I replied with yes, most Mom's drove station wagons, not mini vans. He asked his question again...guess he doesn't think mini vans are so cool? I said that it was a cool car, of course when I was 16 and driving it I probably didn't think so. But it seated 8 of my friends at once, so THAT was cool. Sadly I totaled it in a wreck (NOT my fault I might add) and my Dad bought my brother and I a jeep Wagoneer and my Mom a Buick Park Avenue sedan so we didn't have it very long.




Another friend of mine is in Maui right now, and she is a photographer, and she posted this picture today. How I love Maui. This beach is very close to the beach where Scott and I honeymooned and celebrated our 10th anniversary.


I was driving today in the car and listening to my favorite Christian radio station when they reminded me of the following..."The bible states "Do not Fear" 366 times". I needed that reminder with all the H1N1 chaos going on right now. We have some decisions to make on that with our boys and probably more so with me and baby and vaccinations. So it was nice to hear that reminder directly from God.

When we got home tonight from the movie Scott had made some chocolate chip cookies. A wonderful thing to come home to...they were the refrigerated dough kind but tasted great regardless.

They say it may snow this weekend...crazy!

The Twins just lost to the Yankees in the 11th inning 4-3, bummer. They play on Sunday at the Metrodome, probably their last game ever in the Dome as they built a brand new stadium that will open for next season. Grandpa has offered tickets in the suite for the boys, they will not want to turn those down.

Monday morning Tommy gets his bottom braces on, big day! He will have a complete metal mouth after that. He looks great with braces, I think they are cute.



Tomorrow is Saturday, I LOVE Saturdays. Scott didn't go to the Ohio State game this weekend as stated earlier...so we will ALL get to watch the Buckeyes play together. Go Bucks!

Guess I can ramble longer than I even knew....kind of refreshing not to have to focus in on one subject!

1 comment: