"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

The Day I Was the Sub

This past summer I got my sub license for grades K-12.  In the Spring our elementary secretary, who is a friend, asked me if I would get it as they are always short on subs.  So I did, knowing this year would be hard to ever make it work with Max home and in preschool 3 half days a week.  But about a month ago I saw an email go through looking for a sub for Jack's class.  I couldn't resist.  Scott was going to be in town and working from home, Max had preschool in the afternoon so it all worked.

It was odd to be back in a classroom.  I haven't taught in almost 18 years.  But it all came back, like riding a bike I guess.  (although I don't like bikes so that is probably a bad analogy)  It was a fun day. I had Jack's class first and then rotated in the afternoon through the other 2 6th grade classes.  We did reading, spelling and language in the classroom I was in.

I asked Jack at the end of the day if he enjoyed having me in there or not...he said he did.  I am signed up again to teach on February 26th in the 6th grade.  So much fun to get to see that side of Jack's life.

We snapped this picture during indoor recess...most of the class, not quite all were there.


No comments:

Post a Comment