"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Special Visitors

One chilly Wednesday in January I got a phone call from my Aunt Sandy...she and my uncle Dean were driving south and wanted to know if we were free for a drop in and dinner.  OF COURSE we were...I cannot believe we have lived here 16 years and they have not been here.

I have spent more hours with my beloved Aunt Sandy in this past year than perhaps the past 30 years of my life combined.  We spent so much time talking on the phone and caring for Mom.  One of the many blessings this cancer brought me.  As icky as cancer is, if you look, there are blessings in it.  Aunt Sandy is certainly one of them.  I have always loved my Aunt Sandy, loved how REAL she is, loved her sense of humor..loved how she loves me for me.

We went out to Chick Fil A, one of our boys' favorite spots...and they insisted on paying and when the boys asked if they could get milk shakes Sandy said....OF COURSE....obviously that is not a normal thing for them as they were all excited about that.  Spoiling those boys of ours...  They had never been to Chick Fil A so it was fun to introduce them to it.

Of course, a couple of photos were taken....

thanks for taking the time to stop.  We love you both so much!

 Drew had already snuck off to serve at church


No comments:

Post a Comment