"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Catching up

I hope to get some catching up done on the blog the next week or so and then get back on track with regular blogging.  The days go by so fast and my intentions are always so good...

Our house is busy with basketball seasons wrapping up...kindergarten sign ups...snowy days...laundry....closet cleaning...photo organizing....conferences...spring sign ups...

There is never a quiet day it seems.  Although Sunday when we had 12 inches of snow it was a lovely thing.  It quieted our entire house and kept us home.  There is something so WONDERFUL about a snow day.  School or no school.  I LOVE it.

I am in the process of sorting through old photos on our computer.  I need a new computer as this one has moments that cause me GREAT anxiety about crashing.  It is FILLED to the max and has 2 external hard drives.  It is slow and makes my photography work harder than it needs to be.  But before we get that new computer I am determined to get this one cleaned up so I only transfer what absolutely needs to be transferred.  As much as a FREAK as I am about photos, this is a major undertaking.  I have not thrown away ANY negatives in the past 20 years and in the past 8 of having gone digital I don't think I have gotten rid of many photo files.  It is time.  I have a photo from nearly every single day of the past 8 years and some of you may think I am exaggerating.  I assure you I am NOT!  Nope.

I also love to use this indoor time to get closets in order...I need to tackle the storage rooms.  But that is always such a HUGE undertaking.  But it does need to be done before Spring is here.  We are in the process of doing some refinancing of our mortgage and while we do that I don't want the house to be destroyed before an appraiser comes.  :)

Max is all registered for half day Kindergarten.  Sigh, I am SO grateful it is only half day for him. He will be going to the same church where his pre school is at...they have an amazing Kindergarten program there.  13 students to 1 teacher.  I have gone through this "send your baby off to Kindergarten" stuff, and I don't do so well.  We had thought Jack was our baby, our last so when I sent him off I almost needed therapy.  Not kidding at all.  And with this sweet "Bonus Baby" of ours I will need to go through it all over again.  And this time the emotion of a Kindergartner will be matched with the emotion of sending off a Senior to high school at the very same time.  YIKES!

I have Christmas pictures to upload here, basketball photos, funny Max one liners and other stuff.  I will get it done slowly but surely.  I would like to get my 2014 wrapped up on the blog so I can get it printed off into a book.  I love those blog books we have on the bookshelf.  They are treasures of memories to me.

Thanks for hanging in there reading this....

No comments:

Post a Comment