"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Remembering Grandma in Ethiopia

This fall there was a team headed to Trees of Glory, a school sponsored through Children's Hope Chest.  At Trees of Glory our Tilahun lived.  We sponsor his schooling, food and clothing.  I sent him some photos of our family withGrandma  Lu. She had just passed away.  I wanted to tell Tilahun about her and her faith.  I know how important her legacy is to our family.   I wanted to tell him the joy we have in her going to heaven.

These photos arrived today. Taken by one of the team leaders there as Tilahun opened our letter, gifts and photos.  The woman on his left is a translator.  The other women is from Minnesota.  So much blessing in this.  Grandma would be so pleased to know there is a boy in Africa who "knows" her.  I love that we are able to have this communication with him.  I pray someday to be able to meet him in person. Somehow. 




1 comment: