"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Friday, March 14, 2014

On the road

I'm typing this on my phone.  I'm not sure I've ever blogged this way but I'm going to try it. Then maybe I won't feel so far behind when we get home next week.

Around midnight last night as we were packing I mentioned to Scott that maybe we should try to get tickets for the Big 10 tourney.  The buckeyes were going to be playing. It's in Indianapolis, not that far out of our way to Ohio. He wasn't so sure he wanted to add that into the trip but then after some thought we got on the computer and looked into tickets.  We found lots if nosebleed seats.  For not a lot of cash. We opted for 4 center court side nosebleeds and 2 in the upper corner top.  We quickly finished packing and got to bed around 1am. 

The alarm went off at 4:25 am, what a lovely "nap" we had. We got ready and woke the boys. I used my typical "daddy wants to get going" lingo which isn't out of the ordinary. He likes to leave early for road trips...it's the farm boy in him I think. I'm fine with it, we did the same as kids. 

Being that our boys wear Buckeye clothes daily I didn't have to worry too much about them getting to the game without the appropriate gear. I pulled out a couple of things in case they needed "ultimate" buckeye apparel.  We were off. They had no idea about the game. 

Tommy did suspect something was going on when he realized we were headed towards Indianapolis and not Chicago.  He knows that to get to the farm we go through Chicago. ;). But we didn't say much either way. And as we pulled off in Indy at 2:00 pm they knew what was going on.  

So much fun. They love their team!   

When we got there we "upgraded" our nosebleeds thanks to a savvy hubby who found better seats that had been vacated from game 1 of the day. 

Here are some fun photos from the day!

Outside the Fieldhouse 


Sweet seats...thanks For the free upgrade 


Serious excitement and joy. Nail biter game.  Yikes!   The Buckeyes pulled it off!

High Fives for Shannon Scott



Off Tommy's twitter. 

The gangs all here. 


3 comments:

  1. Love love love love! This made me smile from beginning to end. When I saw the first pic this morning I thought to myself "it's a good thing that 99% of the time they are all wearing buckeye gear anyway!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Max's face in the green screen shot and family shot are just so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The faces of your boys in these pics is priceless!!!

    ReplyDelete