"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Just beat

Tonight I'm just beat. This storage room clean out is exhausting.  Physically, mentally and even kind of emotional. The boys were actually, surprisingly helpful today. It's typically not their "thing". But most of them were on board.

I feel so strongly about paring down our excess right now. About changing our, well for sure my, mind shift on stuff. I just feel like God is really trying to hit me in the head with this. I'm a regular donator, it's not that I am a hoarder. But this time it's big. I mean this time it's with a different intention. I need things to be more simple.  I need to know where things are...I need not to feel so overwhelmed by our stuff.  

This is what our day has looked like...

Emptied storage room out. Everything out. 

Tommy's bug project 5th grade. Grasshopper. 

Found my fashion plates....

A sweet note from my Grandpa Twig who passed away when I was in junior high. In my autograph book. 

A softball my dad had written on. 

An old thank you note to my aunt. Lol. 

High school dance photos. 

Approximately 3600 notes mostly from my parents. Praising me. Praying for me. I have never doubted their love for me and certainly don't have to with all of these notes and cards. 

The storage room is slowly getting reloaded.  28 bins have been emptied so far... Donate. Trash. Share with intention. I think that's the most tiring part. The sharing with intention. Thinking through everything we give away. Who can we bless with it most?  Sometimes it's goodwill. But friends, Neighbors, Single moms, refugees, new moms, foster parents.... So many people. Feels so good to do it that way despite my exhaustion tonight. 

It's still a mess...but will be so much better. Going to bed now.  This will still be here tomorrow. 

Gods using this book "7" to mess me up...in a very good way. 

3 comments:

  1. Giving with intention is exhausting, but so worth it. Thankful for you. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing awesome and will be so happy when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up the good work friend! The work is not in vain!

    ReplyDelete