"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Monday full day

So it rhymes. Monday long day. :). Today was a long, long day.  Good but long.

After another great night of rest we were off to Akron. Drew, Jack, Max and I to begin the prep work of our living room makeover project for Kathy
. So many helpers huh?  Scott had morning conference calls so he stayed back at the farm. 


We spackled holes, we removed outlets, we taped and we sprayed DIF on the lovely wallpaper border.  Then we began to scrape....and scrape...and scrape.  Let me tell you that if DIF called me today and said they'd pay me to do a commercial for their product I would NOT be able to say yes. The stuff is almost worthless. I ran back to Sherwin Williams for gloves and a "scorer" that was supposed to make the previously purchased DIF work better. Hmmm did nothing.  Oh well. We scraped some more. 

We opted for bagels on yet another trip to Sherwin Williams for something... 

Then Drew scraped. Jack, Max and I headed outside to take down Kathy's Christmas lights for her. And then came back inside and cleaned out her fridge for her. All this time she's at work, teaching at school.  She knew we were there of course.

We headed back to the farm to make lunch. Leftovers it was. Yummy. It was a beautiful sunny day too. 

The boys and Grandpa found this Cat house at the junkyard and brought it home for Kitty. She loves it. So funny 


After lunch Drew headed back to Kathy's to help. Scott was able to go as well.  More scraping and then finally painting. 

We quit around 5. ...in time To get home for dinner.  I made grilled cheese for everyone. Fancy I am. 

This afternoon jack and max went on Kubota rides. Tommy tried a different golf course. And Mr Jackson stopped by with a sweet gift for Scott.  He had blown up a picture of Scott and his 4H Grand Champion steer and gone to Goodwill for a frame and wrapped it up in newspaper as a gift. (Back story...the Jackson's live in what I would term a junk yard. Their yard is unbelievable. Stuff everywhere. They don't have much. Their house burned this fall so they've been living in the church parsonage). So for Mr. Jackson to take the time to find this photo. Blow it up. And purchase a frame.  I could have cried.  It shows that it matters how you treat others. It shows my that Mr Jackson thinks enough of my husband to do this. It shows me that how you treat those with less than you matters. And it reminds me Mr Jackson will leave this earth with the exact same stuff I will...nothing.  




After dinner...you guessed it.  Back to finish up. We took Max knowing he'd fall asleep.  Yet reassured that if he woke up he wouldn't be sad we were gone. 




And we left there at midnight with a job very well done I think. Not many before pics but some afters... 






Best before and after shot we have. 

2 comments:

  1. The living room looks lovely. Great job! I wish I would have known you were going to be dealing with wallpaper. I have many wallpaper removal supplies from when I took the wallpaper out of multiple rooms in our house. Pain. In. The. Rear.

    ReplyDelete