"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Friday, March 21, 2014

Home

We got home late last night. The drive home was LONG.
Left Columbus after we got Stuart off to school. 

Cannot make this stuff up


 When we got home we quickly unpacked and I started laundry.  2 loads in and done before bed last night.  Funny how I did laundry in a Ohio yet still had more. Yikes. 

This morning I continued my mission of purging, spring cleaning and letting go. My heart wants to bless others with our excess. 

Started the organizing with having another shelf put into our basement closet. Photo albums in one place. I'm really praying water never gets into this closet. It never has but I thought about it today. 

I had the boys haul a bunch of bins out of upstairs storage room. Yes we have 2 storage rooms...it seemed smart when we built the house now I'm not so sure. Easy to keep a lot.  The boys each had 2-5 bins of their own to sort through and keep what meant the most. The rest is going to those in need. 

The start of our donation piles...

...the empty bins feel good. 


I may have tried on a dress or 2 of mine from high school dances. :). Kept these 2.  Granddaughters dress up someday?  

A quote from the book I'm reading. Gulp. Convicting.  

Read this today too. Loved it. 

Snuck off for a quick date night. An hour alone was lovely.  

And my view right now.  In our bed. Snoring. I'm putting my feet up. It's amazing how tiring it is to sort through and purge stuff.  And to intentionally donate. Not just pile it all off to goodwill. But think of who would appreciate. Or who could use your extra.  I want to give intentionally. 

Tomorrow there is more to sort through.  Won't the boys be thrilled to know that?  

4 comments:

  1. You're doing such an awesome job. So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious quotes from the boys during drive - we are hearing it too! You hit the ground running when you got home - it must feel soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO fun to see the dresses from high school again! And the quotes from the drive home are priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job sorting!! It is a lovely feeling isn't it? I need a place like that for my albums. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete