"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Max loves his Poppy, Car washes and Time together

My parents came on Sunday and left this morning, a quick trip down to see the boys.  They were missing their grandsons, so down they came.  They had seen Max a couple of times since Max's birthday, since I was in Minneapolis twice since then, but not the other boys.

Max ADORES my Dad, it is the cutest thing.  He cries when my Dad leaves the room.  Goes to him ALL day long.  It is so fun for my Dad.  
 Poppy made a shoe box train for Max, he LOVED it!

 Watching some March Madness with Papa

 Reading books together



 This picture melts my heart...Dad reading "The Grandpa Book" to Max and Jack and ALL the boys loved listening.  You are never too old to listen to your Grandpa read to you at bedtime.


Jack snuggling with Grandma

This morning, before they left, Max once again glued to his Poppy.  He cried after he drove away.  yep CRIED LOUDLY...reaching for the street.  Bless his little heart.  Then his Daddy went to work and he sobbed...all alone with only his Momma...poor baby.  :)

Oh and a HUGE bonus to their trip down was the following...Mom made cookies with Jack, AND she helped me clean some closets out, she even scrubbed the floors in the closets...and my Dad offered to wash my car...not ONLY did he take it to the car wash, he had the carpets cleaned, the leather cleaned and conditioned...it's like a NEW car completely detailed AND he came home with Krispy Kremes for the boys.  He for SURE gets the "What a guy Award" from me for that one!  And Scott and I snuck out for a date night last night to Flemings to celebrate our anniversary a few days early while mom and dad took the boys out to dinner at "Bang Bang" which was their request.  

Oh how I wish my parents lived closer than they do....
thanks Mom and Dad for everything.  Love YOU
XOXO

4 comments:

  1. So very sweet that Max loves your dad so! I wish my parents were closer, too. I need your mom to come over next time to clean my house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandparents are so wonderful. Love all the images - just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that your parents came down to visit! I'm most excited for you because it means you got a date night! All the pictures are precious. Such wonderful memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved all the pictures. I'm glad your parents came to visit!

    ReplyDelete