"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Monday, March 7, 2011

Family Room Tweaking

Since January I have been working on tweaking our family room to a place where it had more symmetry, where the forest green would be gone and so it would be that forever cozy I have been wanting for it. I love to decorate, most of you know that, but I second guess my ideas many times.  I usually end up going with what I LOVED first.  I figure I can make it all work together somehow.  Usually it works, not always but usually.

 I emailed a new "blog friend" Holly Mathis, to give me some suggestions.  She had helped me last fall work on the bookshelves in here.  I love her blog and feel like we have a very similar style, she also loves God and her boys!   It was fun to have her to bounce my ideas off, she thought the room needed blue, and I agreed.  Of course I am not a lover of most shades of blue but I KNOW it when I see it. My friends Makila, Sarah and Linda were also bombarded with emails from me with different ideas.  Linda even got a panic call midway through the fireplace project.  :)  Not a TON was changed but what has been, has made a HUGE difference.  The fireplace and canvas ALONE,  changed the entire room.  Changed the knobs out too, more subtle.  Then I found the 2 wingback chairs off of Craigslist a few weeks ago for $10- each...SCORE...found the blue fabric in Minnesota with my Mom a few weeks back as well.  The chairs were delivered Saturday morning and here in time for the shower.  So fun.  Not to mention the room was all picked up so I could take pictures.  :)


BEFORE





AFTER





5 comments:

  1. this looks so beautiful - I LOVE the chairs you found!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, Susan. Love, love, love, love it! (and always love your many emails and links to look at, too) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it too. And the emails.

    Can I buy the green recliner?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I'm inspired to paint my green walls. Have had them for 11 years!

    ReplyDelete