"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Why I love photos


As you ALL know...I love photos. I have ALWAYS loved pictures, taking them, printing them, hanging them all over the room, scrap booking them. Love love LOVE photographs. When I was younger I scrap booked LONG before it was the "in" thing to do. My bedroom walls were covered with lucite, plastic, shadow box frames always filled with the most recent photo of my friends. Not kidding when I say COVERED, and I had plaster walls so making nail holes was NOT an easy task. Nor did it leave the walls neat when I moved out.

I read this today on a photographer friends blog...and I loved what it said so wanted to share it here and remember it on the days I refuse to allow Scott to take my pictures because I feel like I don't look like I want to look, or the house is too messy, or some other unimportant reason NOT to take the photo.

Below is the photo off her blog and her comments that were posted below the photo...

Mom also would've liked to trim our bangs before the photographer showed up at our home in L.A. to shoot this portrait of my twin sister and I... But its my favorite picture of us...ever! because we're weren't smiling... and because our bangs weren't trimmed...lol To me, this is real... this is as close to the way we were as I'll ever see.... and I love it! .. Understandably, Mom and Dad were very busy back then....and hiring photographers to document family life just wasn't something a lot of people did back then.... maybe this is why I'm so passionate about what I do... yes, I am a photographer, but really, I am a historian!...with an artistic flair of course, lol.. and I know that the children of today will grow up and cherish their photographs even more... to see the way Mom smiled when she hugged us... the way Dad laughed when he picked us up and twirled us around... it's "love" in a picture! Not having photographs like these to look back at?....well, it's like missing the first 15 minutes of a really great movie, but the only thing is... This movie won't be playing again.. It's a "one time" show...

2 comments:

  1. :) Thanks. I loved.

    You know I'm obsessed too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me in the "obsessed with pictures" club, too! :)

    Thanks for sharing this, Susan!

    ReplyDelete