"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Camp

Tommy goes to Bible Camp tomorrow at Hidden Acres. He is very excited and pretty well packed to go. He is going with 4 of his closest friends and they have all been to this camp so he is confident it will be fun. He has only been to Bible Camp one other time, and it was a camp 7 hours from home in Southern Missouri. It was not the best experience so he has a few reservations...but all in all is excited.

Please pray for him this week. Pray for his protection most of all, but also for his heart to be open and his ears to be listening. He is such a sweet boy, and loves God. I want his roots to be DEEP and I want them to be HIS roots, not ours. It is so important to Scott and to me that he owns his own faith and that his desire to grow in it would be from the holy spirit not the nagging Mom. I remember bible camp like it was yesterday, how much I learned about God there and how my heart changed at camp. With my brother, as a fellow camper and my big sister, a counselor, we were all there the same week I learned about "My Heart being Christ's Home" as we went through that mini book. It changed my life. If I close my eyes I am can be right back in that chapel today. Tears come down my face as I type this....it was one of the most special times of all of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment