"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Junior High? No really?


Tommy waiting for his name to be called for his bible

getting a high five on his way up from his 5th grade teacher

Tommy and our principal, Mr. Lambert


A prayer of blessing for the 6th graders

Tommy and his best buddies at school
Christian, Tommy, Sam, Noah and Nathan

Tommy and his teachers, Mrs. Wagner and Mrs. Duda

This morning we attended the final chapel of the year. The 6th graders were handed their bibles and a blessing was prayed over them as they head to Junior High. Hard to believe that our oldest is going to be in Junior High. No more elementary school for him, no more recess, no more class parties, no crafts....no snacks. Where has time gone? I remember dropping him off for Kindergarten SOBBING, both Tommy and me. And now Junior High. Teenager? He will be 13 this summer?

I will have to admit I didn't get too emotional this morning, a few tears but nothing major for me. I feel good about Tommy and the friends he has chosen, the school he is at and the choices he has made so far. I feel confident in his future in Junior High. I also know that at our school, Junior high is only about 2 hallways away from Elementary School. :) Same gym, same lunch, same Multipurpose room...so none of that was traumatic for me. I will still drop him off at the same spot with his brothers, only 10 minutes earlier next year.

Tomorrow the 6th graders are going on a field trip to Adventureland as a class. It is a nearby amusement park. He can't wait! He has invited his Dad to go along, they are both excited. Today was his final day of "school stuff"!

Tommy, we are so proud of you! Congratulations on your big day! We love you!

Mom and Dad

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you didn't cry because I'm bawling my eyes out reading this!

    ReplyDelete