"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Smart Engineer

Today Max had his friend Hinckley over for the day.  They started the day by playing with the Lionel Train that goes around our tree.  It's one of Max's favorite things..and now Hinckley's too…think his Mom just ordered him one for his tree. :)  After about an hour, Max was a bit tired of sharing his train…and I heard some discussion over it.  Max unhooked the front engine and took the remote and proceeded upstairs.  Hinckley came running into the kitchen to me to ask for some help.  I went upstairs, Max agreed he would bring back the engine and remote, that he wasn't being a kind friend.  

We then had to leave to run to Kindermusick, a visit with Santa, lunch at the Noodle Cafe and a haircut for Max.  By the time we arrived home, Max had called asleep in the car.  I brought him in and laid him down on the sofa to sleep.  Hinckley went in to play with the train, happy he had it ALL to himself.  After about 5 minutes he came back to the kitchen to ask me for help getting it going.  I went in, plugged the engine back into the rest of the train and proceeded to turn on the remote to make it go…..

….hmmm someone had pulled the batteries out.  

Mr Smart Max, had listened to me, returned the engine and the remote…but had removed the batteries so it was not usable.  Smart kid huh?  Made me laugh.  He just MAY have a slight stubborn streak in him.  

4 comments: