"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Monday, December 23, 2013

Ringing the Bell


Every year I sign our family up to ring the bell for Salvation Army.  This year I almost didn't do it…it had been a crazy month and it was going to be SO cold the time we wanted to do it.  I asked Scott if we could "let it go" for this year…he said Nope it's important for our boys to do it.  And he was right…while I don't think they still have a concept of what it is like for people who have nothing, or have very little…it's a time they can stand and serve others.  They can be a small voice by ringing the bell.  I was kind enough to sign them up indoors this year, in the walkway to Hyvee.  They worked in 2 shifts.  Tommy and Drew had first shift, Max came in for a 2 minute shift and then Scott and Jack finished it up.  I stopped in with Max for his shift.





No comments:

Post a Comment