"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Monday, August 26, 2013

The kind of man...

My Love and my Dad are setting such amazing examples for our boys, of the kind of men I want them to be and pray that they will be.

Today...my Dad is driving home from the cabin, 2.5 hours, to drop my Mom home.  Then he is turning around and driving 4 + hours to his hometown Madison, SD to say goodbye to Ruth, who is 102 years old.  She was my Grandma Twig's best friend and a HUGE part of my Dad's life.  My parents have been going to South Dakota to celebrate her birthday the past 5-10 years as she has gotten older.  For those of you who don't know, my Grandma passed away 12 years ago now I believe...and hasn't lived in that town for more years than that and yet my Dad still doesn't MISS Ruth.  She now has cancer and is in hospice...and he wants to say goodbye one last time.  What kind of man does stuff like this?  A man FULL of integrity and respect.  A man who values friendships and family FAR more than a day in his office.  A man who KNOWS what really matters.  How blessed am I that God chose him as my Dad?

And my Love...my Love knows this Momma needs a break, this Momma needs some time to herself, time to catch up.  So he is driving all 4 of our boys, yes Max too...to Ohio on Friday for the long weekend.  He will take them ALL to a Buckeye game, Max is NOT easy at a football game, and it is supposed to be HOT there.  And then he will take them to visit his parents on the farm.  24 hours of driving to and from Ohio with all of them alone....not easy.  What kind of man does stuff like this?  A man full of integrity and respect for his family and his wife.  A man who loves me enough to see that I need a break sometimes.  A man that loves his sons enough to value time with them, time sharing something they ALL love.  A man who pours into his children, who loves on his wife.   A man who KNOWS what really matters.  How blessed am I that God chose him as my husband?

Feeling mighty blessed today...

1 comment: