"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Thursday, August 29, 2013

And they are off....

Scott and the boys JUST drove out of the driveway and are headed to Ohio for a BOYS only weekend.  They will stay part way there tonight and then head to Columbus in the morning after a hotel swim.  They LOVE to browse around Columbus, look at stores, eat at Bob Evans, eat at Cane's, walk campus...oh my they ALL love it so much there.  Even Max is excited and a little nervous about Brutus, we will see if he braves Brutus this year.  The Buckeyes Season Opener is Saturday at noon, high noon in the heat.  After the game the boys are headed to see Grandma and Grandpa Shisler on the farm, hope Grandma has her pot roast, ham loaf, applesauce mashed potatoes, gravy, peach pie, snickerdoodles and M & M cookies ready...they are ready to EAT!

I am home alone...silence for the next 4 days.  I do have 5 photo sessions lined up and LOTS of editing of pictures to do so I won't get to clean as much as I would LIKE to but I assure you there will be some fall cleaning included in the weekend.  Have I mentioned lately that it is 99 degrees outside with a heat index that is NASTY...this lady is staying in AC as much as possible.

I want to give the "What a GUY Award" to my Love for doing this...not only for the boys, but for me.  Max kept saying ALL day..."Momma, it is just for the boys, no grills on this trip (aka girls)..no Mommy, just the boys.  Daddy is in charge."  It won't be a relaxing weekend for Scott but they are making memories and we are busy raising boys.

 O-H-I-O

3 comments:

  1. I love how they are all different letters each time.

    Five?!? I don't know how you do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4 days of needed bliss - oh friend, soak it all in!

    ReplyDelete