"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Great reminder Devotion


This morning I awoke to this devotion in my email box...perfection.
"Running on EMPTY" by Glynnis Whitwer
Nothing like being reminded of TRUTH first thing....
"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 2 Corinthians 12:9 (NIV)
Here's what I've discovered: all my God-wired ability to think through chaos, all my attempts at organization and having older kids didn't prepare me for this.
But God's strength did.
So how do I manage it all? Every day I turn to God and rely on what 2 Corinthians 12:9 teaches me ...
I don't have it in me to do this one more day, I need Your strength.
I don't have the patience in me for this … I need Your patience.
I can't think straight right now ... I need Your clarity.
I'm not even sure I have love in me right now ... I need Your love.
And I get my portion for that day. I get just enough strength, patience, and clarity to make it through. And a new definition of love that's stronger and tougher and more determined than I have ever experienced.
I wish I could write more about my family's story, and maybe someday I will. But for now, it's brought me to my knees; it's made me more humble; it's made me less judgmental, and it's made me depend on God more than ever.
God's strength is enough. But I had to get to the end of mine to learn that.

No comments:

Post a Comment