"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Wednesday Rambles

Rainy Wednesday...

Jack got home last night from DC.  Scott picked him up at the airport at 4:30 and they were home by 8:30.  Some VERY happy brothers to be reunited....and grateful parents for Jack's protection while he was away.

This morning I had the blessing of a friend stopping by with breakfast for Max and me.  Stopped in to check on us...sweet.  She has 3 girls the same exact ages as our 3 older boys.  HUGE Nebraska fans!  Fun to have her come by.

I then proceeded to fold 4 loads of laundry...the poor dryer can only be turned back on so many days to fluff and be ignored.   Had all been dry and in dryers since Sunday I think.  Oops... It was time to bite the bullet and start folding.  Still have 2 more to go....maybe I can talk Scott into doing those later tonight.

 I am sitting down still trying to get some medical stuff organized...seriously these insurance and flex spending people like to make it interesting don't they?  Blogging seemed like more fun.

I just played taxi driver for the past 2 hours for haircuts.  NOT kidding.  The way our boys schedules are I have to take them over lunch to get haircuts.  With sports every day after school Tommy and Drew have no other options....Saturdays are full of golf matches, track meets and baseball tournaments. So it started with picking up Drew at 12:10  at school over his lunch...dropping he and Max off for haircuts while I ran to pick up lunch for Drew and Max and go back to get Tommy.  While I was away Emina, our stellar hair lady...worked on Max then Drew....by the time I arrived back with Tommy AND with Drew's lunch he was just done...I dropped Tommy for his haircut and took Max with and Drew back to school.  I then turned around and went back to pick up Tommy...he grabbed lunch next door to hair place at Panchero's...and I ate with him and Max picked at the chips since he had already had lunch.  Took Tommy back to school since his lunch was over....drove home to get Jack who had just walked in the door from his Early Out at school...and ran him over to get his haircut at 2.  NOT joking...this is a well oiled and choreographed machine JUST to get their hair cut.  CRAZY life isn't it?  I really can't make this stuff up.

We have been blessed by meals from friends ever since surgery....waiting on a dear friend to drop off tonights.  It's a real treat and blessing to not have this on my list of things to do.  I am feeling SO much better this week.  Really feel like I have turned the corner and am going at about 85-90% which is nice.  Can't wait to be on the other side of this surgery.  Cannot imagine.

I love this rain we are getting...it is almost as if you can watch the grass turning green.  I love it.  Saw geraniums out the other day...a little early for those with these chilly nights but I cannot wait.  I love the change of seasons.




2 comments:

  1. you make me cry and I realize I'm emotional, but you are just such a treasured, good friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are feeling better!!!!

    ReplyDelete