"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Monday, April 15, 2013

Bills, laundry, groceries...they don't go away and other Monday Rambles...

Well I had a nice "getaway" from the realities of life.  I have been mainly off laundry duty, groceries, bills...for the past 2 weeks.  Sigh...didn't miss most of those things.  It is time to get back.  I have spent the morning getting bills organized, medical stuff figured out...flex spending for Monsanto organized...sigh.  So much with 6 of us.  The laundry is going...Max has officially trashed the main floor today with toys everywhere.  Where does he keep finding them?  They may disappear for a LONG time after today.

Jack is still in Washington DC with my parents, and we are missing him a lot here.  It is amazing how much quieter it is around here without him, and I mean that in a sweet way.  Max misses him MOST of all...he talks about him NON stop.  Not kidding.  Those two are BONDED.  Drew misses him a lot as well.  And I am sure Tommy does in his own way.  :)  Sometimes Tommy and Jack need a break from each other.

I am feeling better the past two days.  Trying to wean myself off of 3 hour daily naps. Trying to do ONE big thing a day, which basically means ONE baseball game, one trip to the store...just ONE outing a day.  That seems to help.  I have only been driving for 4 days.  It's hard not to race out and do everything on my list.   That's not so easy.  I think after this week I will be good to go.  That is my hope and prayer at least.
 
Once again I am so grateful for Scott helping do all the stuff he normally does PLUS all the stuff I normally do.  So grateful for friends who have been providing meals for 2 weeks and continue this week and have filled my freezer for another week at least after that.  SO blessed to be so loved.

Off to shower...haven't been doing much of that lately.  Then to tackle this mess Max made while I worked. 

1 comment:

  1. You're doing so good allowing yourself to heal! Take your time - you need the rest.

    ReplyDelete