"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Letters to his daughter

So my Dad has always written me letters....this was one I got from him last week that I wanted to have documented in this blog.  I was having a sad day recovering from this surgery...feeling like I had failed one of our sons lately with my impatience...frustrated with not being able to do much other than lay around...

here is what he sent to me...

I know I am blessed...and I am beyond grateful for my Dad.


Dear, Dear Susan,

You need once again to hear, you are a wonderful Mother.  You have provided so much love and care for your boys and have been and are an outstanding example of what a Mother should be.

I have had the blessing of having an outstanding Mother in the person of your Grandma T, and have been privileged to see up close another outstanding Grandma-namely your Grandma Lu, and I have lived up close with and shared 50 years with another absolutely outstanding Mother in the person of your own Mom.  

You are from this same lineage of wonderful, outstanding Moms, and please know that what you learned from these Master Grandmothers is that same love, care and nurturing that you have been and are providing each and every moment of every day.  You, too, are an absolutely wonderful Mom.

I am so proud of you and all you do...such a wonderful, loving , important and caring job you are doing!

Remember I love you and Mom loves you and God loves you, too.

Xoxo

Dad

2 comments:

  1. Oh my word. I'm pretty sure there is nothing in the world as sweet and special as a daddy writing a letter praising his adult daughter. Wow, this is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete