"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Calendar Thoughts



Some days I open my computer to look at the calendar and quickly want to close it back up again and go back to the days where I didn't even NEED a calendar.  We would just be in jammies much of the day, unless we had to go to Hyvee, or Target, or drive to meet Daddy for lunch.  Then the afternoons we were home, napping, making dinner and just waiting for Scott to get home.

Those feel like they were SO LONG AGO.

I often try to remind myself that these days are fleeting even though it doesn't always feel like that.  Tommy is slowly creeping up on me in height.  I KNOW it is going to be within the next month or so he is going to pass me up.  Strangest thing ever to hug your son and kiss him eye to eye....he is not such a fan of the kissing part.  He drives to school, and to school activities now with his school permit.  It is nerve wracking and causes me a lot of time praying for protection and safety BUT wow is it helpful too.

It has rained much of this week which I don't mind because the grass is now turning so green, and soon I can plant my red geraniums...

I will be back soon with a picture update.  It's been awhile.  I also need to do a post on Jack's wonderful trip to Washington DC with my parents.  Both of our Mom's celebrated their birthdays this past week too...74 years for my Mom and 83 for Scott's if I am correct.  We are blessed.

For those of you still enjoying those days of toddlerhood and empty calendars, soak it in.  It REALLY doesn't last long.  And for those of you who have calendars color coded, with alarms for reminders much like mine...let's keep holding on and praying and doing our best to enjoy the ride. And for those of you whose calendars are not so full of kids activities anymore...soak in a different kind of quieter days.  Know you did your best with all of those days before...

Happy Sunday

1 comment: