"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Thursday, May 17, 2012

The end is near...



Drew's end of Elementary school is near...sigh 6th grader is almost done.  I have been so busy I honestly hadn't thought all that much about it until looking through these pictures last night.  Sigh, look at how tall he is next to our principal, Mrs. Lowe.  And look at how he is strongly shaking Dr. Bob, our superintendent's hand in the next pictures.  Sigh.  He received his bible yesterday, the 6th graders are gifted a beautiful leather bible that is personalized with their name on it, to use throughout their junior high and high school years at school.  A really beautiful gift.  

Where have these years gone?  I think the fact that we have 2 younger ones I often lose sight of how fast my older ones are growing.  Because I KNOW I have a lot more years of school left with Jack and of course even more with Max, I lose sight of how few I have left with Tommy and Drew.  That's kind of sad to me, but yet it's the truth.  Tommy will be a freshman in HIGH school next year...he will be 15 in July...Drew will be in JUNIOR high, sigh he turns 13 in a couple of weeks.  

I still see these two big boys as little guys so often.  In my eyes I still see them sitting on the edge of the sofa watching Daddy mow the lawn through the window, I still see them at Dragons basketball games scared of the mascot, I still see them as little boys playing "Backyard baseball" with plastic bats and whiffle balls...but yet if I REALLY open my eyes they are young men.  YES, young MEN.

They are getting taller, stronger, wiser and even more conversational.  They can beat me at golf, at running, at any math game they try....  They can eat more than I can, love to help cook and smell like stinky boys after they have been playing outside.

These are my "little boys"...but they are going to be taller than me if I blink too often.  I don't want to let these years PASS me by because I am busy.  I really truly don't...  I know there will be 2 more than go through these stages but in the mean time I fear I am missing it with my older ones.  Lord let the TIME slow down and let ME be wise in seeing every little thing.  I cannot do it alone.  




DMCS Class of 2018

5 comments:

  1. Love this post, Susan! It brings tears to my eyes because I can relate so much. Time goes by so quickly.. I want to keep my boys little. :)
    Love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true when you said you are still watching the little ones get big while the older two are getting OLD! Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not love that they are getting old. Love so I remember to watch all of them grow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just looking at Drew thinking he has grown a TON since I visited you guys in Iowa!

    The kids growing is so hard on us Mamas! Enjoy every moment. Your boys are so amazing.

    ReplyDelete