"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Throne

A college friend of mine passed away today, she was diagnosed with kidney cancer 5 weeks ago.  Her name was Amney.  While Amney and I were not really close friends in college, she was close friends with one of my dearest friends Lisa.   She and Lisa grew up competing against each other in High School sports.  They have only become closer friends since both marrying farmers and living within an  hour of each other.   In college she was close friends with my roommate Denise...and we lived in the same pod.  Denise and I in one room, Amney in another.

I can't believe cancer took her away so quickly...it breaks my heart.

Interestingly enough, as God would have it,  Gailen's kids, Grant and Sarah, were at our house today after school and through dinner.  They were here when I got the call about Amney.  Sarah knew something was wrong and when I told them what happened I looked right at her little eyes and said "I really don't like cancer" and she responded with " I really don't either".

But friends...and family...we serve a BIG God and the God we love and trust is STILL on His throne where He was yesterday, and where He will be tomorrow.

I just cannot imagine at 39 years old, dying within 5 weeks.  Hug your loved ones friends...as Gailen always said, "live with intentionality, we don't know the time we have on this earth", he was so right.

Love you....

4 comments:

  1. Sigh. All I have is a big sigh. I'm sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad for you. That is hard. Thanks for the reminder that God is on His throne. I went to church back home this weekend and the sermon was on calling God our King. Good things to lay our hearts on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate cancer, too. My heart is heavy with you as you hurt. Our God is too good to be unkind and too wise to make mistakes. Someday we will see the big picture.

    ReplyDelete