"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Friday, December 23, 2011

Sweet, Sweet friends and Chevy Chase

Have I mentioned how blessed I feel to have the friends I have?  Oh my so blessed.  Wednesday, when I was REALLY feeling cruddy my friend Ginnie made me homemade chicken noodle soup, and when I say homemade I mean serious HOMEMADE...no cheating with Soup Starter or anything.  Oh it tasted SO good for our dinner.  SO good.  And of course she brought homemade wheat bread and since we ate Sarah's homemade wheat bread on Tuesday....it was nice to have another loaf to inhale on Wednesday.  And of course her HOMEMADE apple butter too.  It was almost all too good to be real.   Yes this is my friend who is such a gourmet cook she doesn't OWN a CROCK POT.  Seriously doesn't OWN one or EVER cook in one.  Sigh...that will never be me.  Thank you Ginnie....

Then this morning my dear friend Jen sent me an email around 8:30 and said she was on her way over with bagels for all and hot chocolate for me.  A belated birthday and an end of the week pick me up.  She knows I have felt far less than Super Mom lately and just wanted to be sweet and encourage me.  I mean seriously who has friends like this?  I DO!  And I love them all dearly and am so very grateful that God has placed them in my life.

My mom is always amazed how my friends and I just constantly network with meals, help with kids, pick me ups when someone needs something.  It's a gift.  It's how the body of Christ is designed to work.  We help each other...and I am so so grateful.

Onto a funnier story...tonight we decided it would be fun to take the boys down to see the Jolly Holiday Lights Festival downtown, you drive through this Holiday lit area and it benefits the Make-A- Wish foundation.  All great things we thought.  Boys all showered and bathed and got in comfy clothes with blankets and all in the car we went.  Tommy has been sick today but was up for getting out of the house.  (we are all on some form of Rx right now other than Scott...lovely huh?)  SO after about a 40 minute wait to get into the park where the lights are...we waited another 20 in the traffic to see the first display...of course it was a snowman shooting a basketball into a hoop.  Max LOVED it.  But then we drove by it...and he was mad and just wanted to go back to it or watch a DVD in the car.  We looked ahead at the 2 lanes of bumper to bumper traffic to see that the next display was a good 1/4 mile away and opted for the emergency exit out of the park.  We drove around some neighborhoods near downtown to look at lights...after hitting several "dead End" streets and chuckling we found some huge, beautiful lights...and then turned around in the car to see that 3 of the 4 boys were SOUND asleep.  So we headed home.  hmmm reminded me a little of Chevy Chase and an adventure he and his family would have.  We had the Christmas music blaring, I was all excited to experience the lights together and ohh and ahh...and well it was a bust.

So we are home...all boys asleep and I am headed there too.

Thanks again to my friends who bless me every day in one way or another...and thanks to my beloved for always having a sense of humor when I come up with these idilic moments I want to recreate.  

1 comment: