"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Grandparents Day


This weekend was Grandparents day at school and for the first time in 4 years we had both sets of Grandparents in town at the same time.  Very special for our boys....and I know there was scheduling stuff that had to be re-arranged so they could all be here.  We appreciate that.  

Scott's parents came in on Thursday afternoon, in time to catch Tommy's basketball game in Pella.  
My parents came in on Friday around lunchtime.  

Friday afternoon was the open house at school where Drew and Jack got to show off their rooms and show them around.  Friday afternoon was their Christmas concert.  It was beautiful and always puts me in the Christmas spirit.  I especially loved the last song which was a medley including 3 of my favorite Christmas songs...Away in a Manger, What Child is This and O Come, Let Us Adore Him....Away in the Manger is the song my Dad sang me to sleep with every December as a little girl.  SO the tears were flowing for me, sitting next to him...all these years later....watching one of our 4 sons singing it. It was almost too much for me.  My heart was bursting with gratitude, gratitude that our children get to sing those songs in school. grateful for 4 healthy sons, for a loving husband, for our children to have 4 healthy Grandparents enjoying the concert....I grabbed my Dad's arm and hand and silently thanked God for my full heart.

This morning we had 3 basketball games, one for each boy, so they all got to see the boys play.  That was special too.  The boys rarely get a cheering section larger than Mom and Dad and a few brothers.  

My parents have just left, tear tear for me...unless I am going to see my Dad in a week I still cry every time I have to say goodbye.  I don't think I will ever get over being far away from him, oh and you too Mom.  :)

Yesterday afternoon, we snapped a few pictures to commemorate the weekend.  Surprised?  Probably not.  Here are some of my favorites.




4 comments:

  1. I just love all of these pictures. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! That last one of the boys is sooooo gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treat to have all 4 grandparents together.Love the photos.

    ReplyDelete