"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Catch up

It's time to play catch up on the blog...not to be confused with "ketchup" or as my Mom always called it "katsup".  Which reminds me...did any of your Moms ever put water in the ketchup when it was getting low.  Water it down and make you "think" there was more in the bottle and that it wasn't watered down?  Ummm my Mom did, and it was NOT good like that and we ALWAYS could tell.  

Sorry I digress....back to playing catch up.

 Last Friday the boys didn't have school, and so Tommy and Drew played their first round of golf.  Do they look excited or what?

 Jack, Drew and I went to buy flowers that morning to plant in our pots.  Max, as you can tell, was NOT interested in the photo taking.

 He wanted to bang the shovel on the porch and "get away"...umm not such a safe toy for a baby.  

 He was less than pleased when I caught up with him and took the digger away.  Whew...that was a little scary.  Needless to say the planting was at a halt until the boys arrived back home from golf.

 Scott has been working on digging out these big ugly overgrown bushes in the back.  Not sure what they will be replaced with...but I am loving seeing them gone.

 In other news, Max continues to LOVE his cabin.  And plays peekaboo out the windows on a regular basis.  Slams the windows shut and opens them wide and giggles.  

 Sometimes he giggles so hard he falls down.  It's so cute.

 And this brings me great happiness, right through the side windows of our front door I can now see COLOR and flowers.  I LOVE this...makes me happy every time I walk by.  You can also see at the bottom of the porch some beautiful red tulips.  Our tulips are perfect right now.  

 The other side of the front door.  :)

 And today we had lunch outside school with these 2 boys...

 while this little boy...

 ...tried to get away to recess the entire lunch.  He knows where the action is at...

All while we were all there to celebrate this guy...who received the Lion's Pride award today at school.  This is an award the teachers vote on, one 7th grade boy and one girl receives it. Tommy received it for 4th Quarter.  We think that was a pretty big deal and a wonderful honor for Tommy.  It is based on a students academics, their work ethic as well as their kindnesses to others.  We were very proud to be in chapel as they announced this, and we had Drew, Jack and Max along as well.  Tommy came up to the front and introduced all of us, and Scott and I had to go stand up there.  If I had known that I would have made an effort to have showered today, vs still being in my workout clothes from the morning.  ugh...oh well.  Just as proud of a Momma in my workout clothes as I would have been dressed up and clean.  :)

And last, but not least, as I type this we excitedly await news on Miss Emily's baby girl.  She should be coming any minute now.  I may have to sneak down to the hospital later tonight.  :)  Praying for a healthy and safe Mommy and healthy baby girl.  

Now you are all caught up...for the moment.

3 comments:

  1. ketchup...katsup...water...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Tommy!!! And love your pops of Spring color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful honor for Tommy! A great reflection on the young man he is - congratulations!! All the pictures were fun to look at. I'm actually on my way to get flowers now to plant (before it rains!)

    ReplyDelete