"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

16 months Max

Max is 16 months old today....wonder how many months I will be tracking his age in months?  Well just wait until he is 239 months old.  Do the math....He will be almost...20 years old.   He is the baby after all so this may go on for a long while.  (and yes, my Love, I used a calculator for that)

Max is a crack up these days.  Just last night he was running between Scott and I , and the boys, and bamming into us and falling and laughing.  Think pinball game.  That's what he was doing and so happily too.  Funny baby.

Max is also at a loss for words most of the time, meaning he is pointing at whatever he wants, letting out a loud whine and poof he usually get it.  Not sure he will learn to talk before he is 6 with all of these big brothers around to do the talking and getting for him.  But when he does say Mama or Dada we do melt.  Well I melt, Scott thinks it's cool.

Max currently loves pizza, grapes, strawberries, baseballs, basketballs, hoops, bats, water hoses, buckets, pails, shovels, dirt, rocks, mulch, flowers, swings, slides, walks, stroller rides, running in the rain, dancing to the piano,  chocolate chip cookies, Bible Songs DVD in the car, puppies, kitties, bathtime, babies and books.  He loves to snuggle with us in the night, and wants to be held for naps in the daytime.  We are STILL working on taking naps in our crib.  Not so much a fan of that.  Still nursing, and not wanting to give that up.  I even tried getting him to like woobies (aka pacifiers) again yesterday.  I think it's why he doesn't sleep well alone.  He has no self soothing techniques other than nursing and his Momma.  Well he didn't like the woobies.  So guess I may give up on those.  He does sleep through the night, when he wants to it seems, but he can sleep until 6:00.

We adore you sweet baby boy...and LOVE watching your personality BLOSSOM!


 Today at Merle Hay Mall...never go there 
but had to return Lands End stuff at Sears.  Max was loving this play area.


And to bring in some reality to the post, he was NOT loving when we had to leave the play area to pick up big brothers at school.  :)  Luckily it didn't last for long.  

5 comments:

  1. This post and "Is it June yet" brought to mind how quickly time goes by.It seems like just a short time ago you and I were so excited about that little one forming in you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Max looks far too grown up in the first picture!

    I'm glad you got a chance to return that stuff to Sears today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay. So I laughed out loud at calculator.

    I adore Max Harold Shisler and I will continue to give him kisses all day long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's so adorable... even when he's crying. Lucky he's still nursing. I miss it already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. we were having a ton of trouble, then used what I call the magical seahorse. Sometimes in the middle of the night, I hear him pushing it. It plays soothing classical music and I will definitely be getting another one for our next child!!! It's belly also lights up.

    http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Ocean-Wonders-Soothe-Seahorse/dp/B000W3XEQM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1305484981&sr=8-2

    ReplyDelete