"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The "What A Guy" Award


My Mom has used that phrase for years...when my Dad would do something extra special she would say your Dad deserves the "What a Guy Award"...and now when I tell her something Scott does that is sweet she says the same thing. It has stuck.

So here is the latest "what A Guy Award" that my sweet husband has earned...I have been SO tired the past 10 weeks. And I mean TIRED....the joy of your first trimester. He has done more laundry, cleaning, dishes, grocery shopping, errand running than I normally ask of him. He has allowed me to nap many weekend afternoons. He has been an all around great guy with this whole pregnancy, which is "normal" for him. He never complains about how tired I am, how little motivation I have to do a lot of my normal stuff.

Sunday afternoon I must give him the award for...normally when I lay down to nap it is interrupted 5-10 times with questions from boys..."Mom can I have a snack?", "Mom where are my baseball clothes?" , "Mom, what's for dinner?" , "Can I watch a tv show?"...you name it they ask it and it doesn't ever seem to matter that I am laying asleep...they still ask. Well Sunday, after a very tiring weekend of the wedding, rehearsal etc. I was beat...I laid down in bed to take a nap and was shocked to wake up 3, yes 3 HOURS later in my bed without having been woken ONCE for anything....I wondered how this could happen...then I opened our bedroom door to find this sign posted....



That is why my Love, has earned the "What A Guy Award" this week....

3 comments:

  1. Oh, that does deserve an award! Not sure why the sign made me get all teary, but it did. :) I'm glad that you got an extra-long nap to start the week. I can only imagine how tired you were after the busy, fun-filled weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok...I got all teary too! Pregnant mama problems here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not pregnant and I got teary! Because a man who cares for his wife is a hidden treasure.

    ReplyDelete