"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Anniversary Week


Today my big brother Mike, and his wife Cara are celebrating their 9th Anniversary! Happy Anniversary to one of my favorite couples around. I wish I had their wedding pics on digital so I could easily put them on...maybe later I will get some drive to scan the ones of their day. It was a beautiful wedding. All of us were in the wedding, well not Jack as he wasn't around yet...Drew and Tommy were pulled in a wagon by our niece Ariana. Tuxes on the then 3 and 1 yr old were DARLING! A great, great day....a day of a lot of prayer answered.


Mike and Cara with Charlie and Alice
Easter in Benson


And Monday WAS my Mom and Dad's 46th Anniversary...WOW! July 13, 1963 A belated Happy Anniversary to them on the blog....their day ended up being juggled a bit with my Grandma Lu in the hospital in Benson, MN...so they drove from the cabin to Benson. Mom loves Benson so an anniversary dinner there at Duffy's was just as wonderful. :) Grandma is doing better and possibly even going home today or tomorrow. A bit of a scare but thankfully she is well...and thank you Aunt Sandy for staying with her to make sure!

46 years later...

My Dad is cute...every year he plays the recording of their wedding vows in the car enroute to their dinner. It is pretty amazing it is even recorded considering 1963 wasn't the time where they did that. I believe they recorded it due to my Mom's younger sister Donna being away in the Peace Corps and missing the wedding...what a treasure it is to have today. Of course when we were little I would listen to it...and it didn't sound like my Mom's voice--it is such a sweet, soft, voice almost sounding like a little Texan. She still has a very sweet voice don't get me wrong, but it is a lot stronger now and no more accent of whatever kind that was. My Dad always calculates how many days he has known Mom, the amount of days married...how many anniversaries and where each one was spent. His mind is so impressive that way. I am no so sure we could do that with our 14 years...luckily there is a scrapbook for that here. whew! (it's about 4 yrs behind though...Jen I need your scrapbook discipline) Sorry off track...but my parents are such a wonderful example of marriage to us all. My Dad couldn't adore my Mom anymore I always think...and then another year goes by...they were meant for each other.

So happy anniversary to some of my favorites in the world...

sending love from all of us...
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I don't even know your parents and I admire them!! What a cool couple...you are BLESSED!

    ReplyDelete