"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Golfing

Golf has been a big part of our summer this year....

Tommy and Drew have improved so much this summer at golf it is fun to watch. They LOVE it....they love to go to the driving range...love the connection with their Dad and golf....Jack loves to go and drive the golf cart with me sometimes. At the beginning of spring I decided I was going to golf more, this was before I knew the baby was going to be coming...and I was pretty confident that this would be my last summer where I could still beat the boys in golf. Hmmm...well maybe in April I could but after playing with them in July..think they may have me pretty easily.

This week is the end of the Junior Golf season. Both of the boys chose to play in the season end tournament. This is where they are partnered each day with another boy in their age group and they play 9 holes. You get a point if you "win" a hole with the low score obviously. We were unsure of how this would all go but both boys said they wanted to try it...they get set up with their partner and another twosome of kids and then a parent (not one of their own) goes along to keep score.

Tommy and Drew both won their first matches on Monday, they were both SO excited. Came down to a playoff 10th hole for Drew and a last putt for Tommy. So close. We had fully prepared them for losing, just telling them its for fun, no pressure. Yesterday Tommy won his 2nd match on the last putt again...Drew did not win but had a great time playing against a friend of his. Today Tommy is playing in the championship for his age group...as we speak. Scott and Drew are at the course so they will cheer him in on his last hole....

It's been so much fun to watch their love of golf grow. What a great sport to learn and love. I remember when I was little my Mom would drop my big brother Mike and I off at the local Par 3 course at the cabin while she went to the grocery store, life was safer in those days. He and I had a great time playing. I have great memories of growing up golfing with my brother, Mom and Dad too. Mike and I played with the boys when he was here in July...I STILL love to play golf with him.

It's been fun having the boys all enjoy it this summer....





2 comments:

  1. Seth loves to golf! Ben loves to golf. I love that they love it together! So much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I've had friends tell me that their golf game improved while pregnant...something about the shifting of balance and weight made their game better. :) You'll have to go to an inside driving range later in your pregnancy and tell me if it's true. :)

    ReplyDelete