"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Emily and Ross Get Married


Yesterday was the big day, the day Emily and Ross were married. It was a beautiful day in every way. The weather could not have been any nicer, sunny, slight breeze, no humidity and 72 degrees.

It was one of the most special days for our family I can remember. Everything about it. From the moment the boys saw their "Miss Emily" and watching their faces as they saw her so beautiful, to those 3 precious Jr Groomsmen walking down the aisle together in their tuxes, to Emily walking down the aisle with her Dad, to the reception...I don't even know where to begin.

Emily and Ross were both so relaxed about it all. Jack leaned on Emily, hugged her every chance he got and she would always take a minute hug him back or just let him lean on her while she continued to talk with whoever she was with. None of it phased her. It really made me realize just how connected she and Jack are...I knew they were but watching them yesterday just cemented that in me. Emily has really been the only babysitter he has ever known. She has been with our family since he was just 1 year old. She was just SO happy. She was glowing. I realized it's a good thing that Jack likes Ross so much that he is willing to share Miss Emily with him....I cannot imagine how else Jack would have made it through the day. :)

Oh and the older boys, Tommy and Drew, hanging out with the groomsmen in their dressing room before the wedding. Just wanting to be grown up, sitting around while they played cards, chatting sports with Ross, eating the snacks, waiting for the wedding to begin, just being "one of the guys". Reminded me how grown up they are becoming. And made me realize how connected they have become to Ross. He fulfills that "fun uncle" role in town, since we don't have family here. He hangs out with them, wrestles, plays...just never is bothered by them. Wants them around.

And Emily....radiant and stunning. She and I have had so many talks through the years about marriage and the blessing of it. We have had the privilege of watching her be friends with Ross, to dating, to engagement...I feel like we have walked with them through this. And what an honor to see this day come. Their wedding ceremony was lovely, so many details...and so honoring to God in it all. From worship music, to Dr. Bob's words, to the scripture chosen...to their vows....


Jack dancing it up at the reception


Cole and the ladies talked Jack into dancing with them...


Jack asking for a piece of Emily and Ross' cake....and Emily gave it to him :)


Pictures at the park

The happy couple


Loved this one at the reception

Loving on Mommy

The wedding party


The boys with Ross and Emily

Out through the bubbles...


Mr. and Mrs. Ross Rethmeier

The Jr Groomsmen hand out programs


The Owens family

Taylor, her closest in age brother,(red hair) could hardly stop crying...it was precious

First time Emily's Dad and brothers see her...



The boys with Ross


The men of the wedding


Boys hanging out with Ross before the wedding...Jack is all thumbs up


All 3 boys loving on Miss Emily before the ceremony


Drew sees Emily for the first time


"Miss Emily you look so beautiful"


Jack sees his Miss Emily



Weddings like this one don't happen every day....Emily and Ross are sitting on the beach by now in Cancun. We are still celebrating here with them....memories I will not ever forget of our dashing boys and their beloved Miss Emily. There are some days you just know will never leave your Mommy heart...and this was one of them.

P.S. I wish I could post a ton more pictures...but I took over 700 plus we did take some video. Will post my very favorites and try to do the video later too. The pictures are in reverse order of the day...sorry I uploaded them wrong and didn't want to redo them. Start at the bottom.

4 comments:

  1. The pictures are just lovely. What a great day full of wonderful memories!

    Oh and I love your new picture of the baby on the side too! :) Have I mentioned I smile everytime I think about him/her? :)

    Oh and I'm also glad you're not finding out the gender. We love it this way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful wedding! Her colors are so rich and gorgeous. And all of your boys are absolutely ADOREABLE, you have a very handsome crew. The picture of Jack kissing you is my favorite, he is a love bug. Glad you had such a wonderful day. July 18th is John and my anniversary as well, it's a good day to get married. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wonderful pictures! I'm glad that you posted them already...I was so eager to see them. Your boys all look so handsome. What a special day!

    Noticed the baby's picture in the side column - love it! I'm quite sure that this year, I'll be ready for winter to come so we can meet the newest addition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so happy to be a part of the day by looking at all the pictures. I got really choked up seeing Emily's brother so overwhelmed when he first saw her. Their family looks so happy. There's something so wonderful about it when it's just right...the way it's supposed to be. Thanks for taking all the time to do the post - I loved it! And tell your boys they look just dashing!!!!

    ReplyDelete