"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Friday, May 16, 2014

Village

I have been blessed with a lot of friends.   I am grateful for all of them but I am especially grateful for my villages.  I have villages of girlfriends I count on...  I have a Minnesota Village, I have a Luther college village, AND I have villages here in Des Moines...

These are friends I can count on...friends I may not see often but count on their prayers.  Know I can call them in tears over something BIG, or small.  Know I can text them about BIG things, and really silly things.  I have been relying on their support as this journey with my Mom has begun...it makes me laugh because in "real life" I don't often see the people in my village (s),  it's just the way life is right now.  But they are there...

Yesterday I was blessed with a last minute lunch with some of my dear friends.  I am not sure when the last time is we actually were all in the same place at the same time...but I couldn't resist capturing it in a photo.  There are MANY texts exchanged in this bunch...prayer requests quickly texted and we count on each others prayers.  (all Mama's of 4 littles...)  I am especially grateful for this bunch today...



2 comments: