"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Friday, May 2, 2014

Never

I know never say never.  But in this case it's true...

I never wanted to know so much about ovarian cancer. 

I never wanted to wear teal for any reason. But I will to honor my Mom's fight. 

I never wanted to research wigs. 

I never wanted to earn a PhD in cancer research. 

I never wanted to stand in a hospital making sure my Mom was being cared for appropriately. 

I never wanted to choose turbans, head wraps and eye brow stencils. 

I never wanted to call the American cancer society and make an appointment for my Mom to go to one of their classes on feeling beautiful during chemo. 

I never wanted to research foods, cookbooks and cancer fighters. 

I never wanted to purchase and give out teal wristbands. 

I never wanted this for MY Mom. For my Dad or for our family. 

God has brought us here...He will see us through. I will continue to pray to Him and beg for healing. I will trust His plan. Even when I don't understand. 

I will...but I won't like it. I don't have to like it. But I do have to trust. 

Psalm 91:14-16 NIV
[14] “Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. [15] He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.  [16] With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation. ”





1 comment: