"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day

All gave some...some gave all.

Today we remember those who have served and are serving to protect us and to give us freedom.

We don't take it for granted.

Precious memories from Summer 2011 honoring Uncle Harold Lee Terwilliger in Washington DC.  These are moments I will NEVER forget.  The emotion and honor these Marines gave my Uncle, a man they NEVER knew, who died years before they ever ever would have known him.  It was truly one of their own.  My Uncle's plane went missing...and it was like these men were there.  It gave me even more respect for the Marines, and armed services than I thought possible.  The photos of Max Harold with his marker are precious memories and were not posed.  It was like Max knew his great Uncle...it was like he knew he was named after him.  It was so beautiful.  If you want to read more...you can go back here to this post or here.  (and in searching back in the blog I realized I never fully posted on this trip, or this day...)




 (my Dad and his brother Don receiving the flag that now resides with our Max Harold)







No comments:

Post a Comment