"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Sigh

Sigh is my best way to start this...it's been a week. I need to post a Mother's Day post but that would require me to upload those photos off my camera onto the computer....and well, that's not done. Mother's Day was as close to perfect as it could be for me. My mom and my boys...together. Period. That was enough. More another day...

It's a bit of an emotional roller coaster around here, and it's May. May is a crazy month every year for every Mom I know. So the combination has been a balance, I won't lie.

Monday was wig shopping day with my Mom and my Mom's sister Sandy. We made it as fun as we could. We went to 2 wig shops with appointments and one was leaps and bounds better than the other. Mom felt as good as one could about a wig. We found great hats and scarves. Sigh...But if I'm honest, it was really hard.  I'm so grateful to have been able to have been there.  

Tuesday was the day to meet with the Oncologist...specifically a gyn oncologist...same guy who did Mom's surgery.  He is a very smart man. It was nice to see different options. It was nice to hear his positivity. It was great to see Mom decide on the most aggressive chemo and to see her willing to give it all she has...and then some.  But I can't lie to know she has 6 months ahead of chemo makes me sad. Sigh... I really dislike that she has to face this and face side effects.  

The Doctor was very late which made the day in Edina go long...which made the trip back to Iowa late....which made it so that I missed Jack and Drew's end of the year concerts.  Sigh...my Mama heart. I ran into the school hoping I'd catch at least Drew singing...nope. 

The art fair was getting cleaned up as well. Missed seeing that last night as well. 

The balance is hard. I won't lie. But I felt encouraged when I went to get Drew after the long concert and he wasn't mad I missed his concert, his first words to me were "How is Grandma doing?"   Jack said "not a big deal Mom I understand. You did your best."

See while all of this is happening with Mom and the balance of home our boys are watching and they are learning. They are learning flexibility. They are learning that we honor our parents no matter what. They are learning that we love hard. That we pray boldly for healing. God is using this...

From Jesus Calling Devotional this morning....

I am a mighty God. Nothing is too difficult for Me. I have chosen to use weak ones like you to accomplish My purposes. Your weakness is designed to open you up to My Power. Therefore, do not fear your limitations or measure the day’s demands against your strength. What I require of you is to stay connected to Me, living in trusting dependence on My limitless resources.When you face unexpected demands, there is no need to panic. Remember that I am with you. Talk with Me, and listen while I talk you through each challenging situation.
I am not a careless God. When I allow difficulties to come into your life, I equip you fully to handle them. Relax in My Presence, trusting in My Strength.
“For nothing is impossible with God.”
—Luke 1:37

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.
—2 Corinthians 12:9




3 comments:

  1. Beautiful and hard life lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you. Praying for you. Praying for your mom. Teal hasn't left my wrist since you gave it to me in my driveway. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. The boys know what is important. Not they aren't important but they understand. You're doing good!!!

    ReplyDelete