"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Monday, June 25, 2012

Quick update and Insta Monday



Well last week or maybe 10 days was a blur...between Jack's swim lessons, Drew's art camp, Drew and Tommy's Golf Chip and Putt contest, all 3 boys in basketball camp at school varying times depending on age and Tommy's 7 baseball games for JV, Drew's State Tournament for baseball....no wonder it's a BLUR.  

Here are the pics from my phone from the past week...
 My Dad texted me this picture of my brother and Charlie on our old fishing boat.  The hours Mike and I spent on this as a kid...can't count them.  Dad got the motor working again, it hasn't for years.  Can't wait to go for a spin next week.

 Jack and Max sharing a treat at Drew's game

 Jack was BEAT by the end of the day

 More shopping with my littlest helper who LOVES pushing his own cart

 Max thought Daddy needed a football guy on his Boston Creme Pie for Father's Day

 a funny....but true

 After MANY years of fake nails(had them in HS, not college and basically the past 18 years minus a couple) ...I chopped them ALL off one night, 

 Scott and Tommy went to the College World Series in Omaha one night with a customer and his son

 Good thought...

 Truth

 Funny...


 Max LOVING his firetruck team jersey


 Went on a label making mission one day....

 Drew did a Cartooning camp with his friend Anthony from school.  Anthony has autism and his Mom had asked if Drew would like to do a camp with him this summer.  He was EXCITED to be asked, he really has a heart for special needs.  It is fun to see him grow his heart in that way.

 Max passing the time during Tommy's double header...mowing the grass

 Max watching Tommy warm up.

 Randomness in my top drawer of my nightstand

 Decided to repaint our nightstands...has been on my list of things to do for at least a year...

 Before and After  (Actually the pic is more of an After/Before)
 Saturday night we had our OLD babysitter Genevieve over with her new husband.  The boys hadn't met him.  He was great.  The boys LOVED him.  Especially Max.  Genevieve was the ONLY babysitter our boys ever had before Emily.  She went with us to a couple of weddings, and spent MANY summer days with our boys pre-Jack even.  We adore her.


 Here she is with Max.

 Love Target...dread packing for family vacations

 Took Max to his first ICubs game on Sunday afternoon.  It was HOT, he thought the mascots were funny..FROM a distance

 nap time anyone?

 leaving the ballpark


 Organized my closet this week...it was NEEDED...I noticed...I wear a LOT of black, grey, cream and white...with a little red and mustard mixed in...Not a lot of other colors.  :)  Funny when you sort things by color how you notice that.

 This makes perfect sense to me.

 This morning I had a little boy who crawled in bed with me who just couldn't wake up.  He slept until 8:40 am...a RECORD.
Oh and how could I almost forget...I decided to start another side business.  This economy has been hard.  We have been praying about this.  I have been using Rodan and Fields skin care since January and LOVE it.  So it seemed like a logical step to become a consultant.  The products sell themselves.  There are not home shows only open house type offerings or one on one calls.  So it's doable with our busy household.  My neighbor has been using it for one week and sent me an email today how she is already "hooked and can't believe how in 4 days how much better her skin feels" yeah....it's something I love so I am excited to share it with others.

If you want to check out the website here it is...
https://susanshisler.myrandf.com/


Great reminders every day...

Onto another busy week around here....then next week it's cabin time for me.  Scott and Tommy will come late since he has baseball until July 3 and Drew will leave early with Scott on the 5th for his baseball...but I will be staying PUT for that week.  Looking forward to it.  Haven't been to the cabin all summer, this is LATE for me.

7 comments:

  1. Love the pics and snapshot updates. The color on your nails is great. I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hinckley let me know who was in each picture...Dew, Tommy, Dack, and Mac. Loved the football guy on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and I are cut from the same cloth-- I almost laugh at how similar our tastes are. Love your "natural" nails and that is my favorite nail polish color, have on the same one right now. Same pattern on toss pillows in the living room and I did an overhaul of my closet a few weeks ago. John noted that I only wear neautral and should introduce some color in my wardrobe.:) Love the labels in your pantry--where are those from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW-- you should try Gel polish. Stays nice for like 2-3 weeks (depending on how fast your nails grow) and I have had it done in that taupe color. Gives that hardness of fake nails but doesn't destroy your nail beds. And I need to follow up with you on the skin care stuff, think I'd like to try it. Is it something I can order long distance from you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love all the updates. You are supermommy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the painted night stands... love the color. great job!!!

    my closet is much the same... tons of white cream gray and black with a little color sometimes sprinkled in ;O)

    yeah on the new side job. i looked at the site and there is so many products. what do you suggest starting with???

    ReplyDelete