"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Monday, January 3, 2011

This, that and the other

It has been a great vacation for us all, for the most part despite a few Mommy melt downs among children and issues who will go unnamed.  I just want you to know that my reality is just that.  After reading my New Years post my Aunt Donna sent me this sweet note....with a sigh she thought it sounded all too perfect I think, like our house was all smiles, flowers and songs of sweet joy and praise to the Lord.  I quickly emailed her back that I had already gotten frustrated with the state of our pantry so to have no doubt that we are real around this house.  We may have goals to strive for...but we are real.

I need to hit the shower, we are going on a date tonight, that would be my husband Scott and me.  Our first date since Max was born..  We have tried a few other times but it has not worked out for one reason or another, I don't do well leaving babies and tend not to ever leave them until they are over 1.  But our dear Miss Emily and her hubby Ross are coming tonight so we can sneak out.  Have Costco on the list for the date so don't expect a whole lot of romance out of us, but it will be nice to have uninterrupted time together.

The boys start back to school tomorrow.  They have mixed feelings.  They enjoy school, love their buddies...but Tommy is not real excited to have homework again.Drew just likes home. Pray for our morning. It won't be easy

I'm sad to be sending them off. I love our lazy days as much as anyone. Loved having Scott home and on vacation too. Counting days until Spring Break!

I am working on not being such a freak about order and decore.  I am not good at that.  Pray I can be better. I want the boys to be able to express themselves in their rooms, and maybe a few other places, like I said.  pray for me.  I would prefer to decorate and design every corner of the house and have it ALL stay in place.  hmmm reality?  maybe not with all of these boys.

Here is the funny part, I am simultaneously trying to do my New Years clean and binge projects...all while not trying to be a control freak.  I am determined to simplify and be organized in 2011 AND for everything to have a place and a place for everything.

A couple of other random thoughts...

I had a great date with Jack on Thursday to Champs and Yogi Bear.  loved it,,,a fun night.  He ran out of cash for popcorn...otherwise was terrific.  :)  He opened all of my doors and the fact that I didn't have to eat Wendy's with him was a step in the right direction.  (some coaching from Dad as well)

Saturday night I had a date with Tommy to HuHot Mongolian Grill.  He had just been there for a birthday party, I had never been so he wanted to show it to me.  It was delicious and it was fun to be just with him for an evening.  We stopped at Target for returns after and a drive through Starbucks and we headed home to watch Avatar on DVD.  To my happiness the DVD had a family friendly language option so we were able to watch the movie without one bad word...the violence was still there, a lot of fighting and it could possibly have been one of the most confusing movies I have ever watched but he loved it.  He had seen it once at a friends house.  I think Yogi Bear is more my speed.

Drew and I still need to go on our date...I will keep you posted on when we get that one in.


Oh and we have a baby who has a birthday coming up in a week. Need to start thinking about that and ordering a cake for him to smash.  :)  I can't believe he is going to be 1.  

I'm off to get ready for my date with my Love.  A shower would be nice...


No comments:

Post a Comment