"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

One Thousand Gifts




Read this book, One Thousand Gifts,  I have just started if on my iPad.  Amazing stuff friends.  Like I told a dear friend earlier today, while her writing can often be convicting, I am grateful to have my eyes wide open now when my kids are still young, and my marriage strong and my health good.  To hear these things later in life, or when trials are really upon us, I am not so sure I could handle it all.  Ann Voskamp reminds me what matters, and what does NOT.

ref=sib_dp_pt.jpg

3 comments:

  1. My copy just arrived in the mail. I'm sort of afraid to start it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am reading it on my ipad too :o) it is so good. when i started the first chapter i wasn't sure what to think of it but as i have gotten into it i love it and think about it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's next on my list. really enjoyed sitting here in the dark catching up on your blog while everyone is sleeping. hope your boys are feeling better, love the new paint in the "green" room!

    ReplyDelete