"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Faith of a Child

Jack was working on his memory verse tonight for school, he looked at me and said "this would be a great verse for Mr. Nelson Mom" he proceeded to walk away from me, went and got the markers out and made this card and asked me to send it to him tomorrow.  It has his verse written on there and a picture of Adam in the hospital with a poster on the wall that they made at Sparks last night.  Jack has told me now twice today the following "well Mom, this must be a part of God's plan for Mr. Nelson"....if we could all have open and innocent hearts like his.  He asked if he could draw another picture later of Mr. Nelson at the Doctors telling him He is CANCER FREE!  I said for sure he could.






The surgery this morning was short, they were only able to remove a small portion of the tumor due to where it is located by speech and right hand stuff.  They will get an official report in a few days, according to Caring Bridge it is suspected to be cancer.

Please continue to keep praying for Adam, Michelle, Brynn and Cooper.  They have so much information to digest these next few days and weeks.  Pray for a miracle too.  God is still God, and he never blinks!  I am trying to remind myself of that.

Please pray too for my dear friend Sarah and her husband Josh, Josh and Adam are best friends and this is a LOT for them.  And pray for our friends Ben and Makila, who are also good friends of the Nelsons. Our friends Jen and Steve are close to their family too.   It's a lot for their entire Sunday School class to digest and take in...it's a lot of news to be waiting on.  It's a lot of unanswered questions.

Another friend told me today when she was young her Dad always wrote in their Christmas cards, "we are thankful for good health for everyone"...she said that she always thought that sounded so boring.  Hmmm not so much these days for what so many of our friends and family have gone through this year.  Not so much...

Deuteronomy 31:6  
"Be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord, your God goes with you, he will never leave you nor forsake you.  "

3 comments:

  1. My God is so big, so strong and so mighty, there's nothing my God cannot do.

    Thank you Jack for believing. Thank you Jack for reminding me how real God is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely something to be grateful for always - good health. Keeping them all in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Susan - I was so touched by the note from Jack. It is so sweet and full of truth written by a little boy. I have so much to learn. What a wonderful son you're raising.

    ReplyDelete