"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Friday, January 21, 2011

No wonder and other rambles

Well here goes...my iMac is still at the apple store so I am posting this from my iPad, not as easy. Never have tried it so here goes. Hoping my computer gets fixed soon. It has had some struggles this week with my address book and phone numbers. I have lost all phone numbers and the addresses are doing weird things. I have over 200,000 contacts now. Hmmm I am grateful for all of my friends, know I went to a huge high school, have lived in several cities, and am proud to say I have a lot of friends.....but I don't have 200,000

Well the "no wonder" comment is for our sweet baby Max....no wonder he has been biting, chewing on his fingers, awake more in the night...somewhere in the past 10 days he has gotten 4 teeth. Yep 2 bottom molars and 2 more bottom teeth. Wow. Ouch. No wonder he has had some owie mouth moments.

Here comes more rambling....the best news of my day was that my Dad had his 6 month prostate cancer recheck and passed with flying colors. Never have I been more proud of ZERO for a score. Woo hoo praise the Lord for His protection and healing.

My beloved is currently sitting in the almost top row of the wells Fargo arena listening to Winter Jam. A bunch of Christian bands performing. Tommy and Drew really wanted to go and he agreed to take them. He has a friend of decided to come last minute with his son. But I guarantee they can't hear to chat. He has been in Chicago since yesterday so I'm guessing sitting at a loud concert wasn't top of his list...but thats the kind of Dad he is. He's there. Oh and it's -20 outside and they had to park a long ways away. Brrrr

Jack had a friend over after school, trying to be a "yes" Mom. He loved it. They played and played. Ate Mac n cheese for dinner at their request then played some more.

We think Max says "Ja" now for Jack. It's cute and he only says it when jack is around. Yells it mainly. It's sweet

Tommy's knee is still bothering him. He missed all 3 basketball games this week. X-ray came back okay but they still want him to see an orthopedic dr on Monday after looking at the X-ray? Hmmm that concerns me. Praying his knee is okay

We have stayed close to home this week with it being so cold. It is my favorite place to be. I've always been a homebody. Love being home. I'm ready to get out tomorrow for a couple of things planned. Hoping to leave Max home its so cold for a baby. I don't take my being able to be home for granted. Love it.

Lastly I've been busy trying to figure out what "casual elegance" looks like. Next Saturday Scott and I have a date night for a cancer benefit.one of Scotts favorite Buckeyes, Chris Spielman, is speaking so he can't wait. I'm most concerned with the fashion portion. :). I think I have it pieced together. Need to work on that tomorrow a bit more.

Hope you are all staying warm where you are at....not worried about you Ariana. (our niece Ariana is in Senegal, Africa for the semester and it is HOT there)

Grateful for a working furnace tonight....

3 comments:

  1. Thankful about your dad.

    Annoying about your Mac.

    I hope tommy's knee is better soon.

    Max saying jack is too sweet.

    You will look great at the benefit. Have someone take your picture before you leave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOHOO!!! Wonderful news for your dad - that is so wonderful.

    I am such a homebody too. I looooove being home - my sanctuary :)

    The benefit sounds wonderful. I'm sure you'll look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am a total homebody too... love it.

    bummer about the imac. i have tried to post from the ipad but says i have to do it in html. is that what you had to do?? i am sure it is not quite as easy either.

    praying for tommy's knee and praising God for a good report for your dad.

    max is turning into such a big big boy!!

    yeah for being a yes mom... good for you. and scott for being a yes dad and going to the concert.

    ReplyDelete