"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Gailen on the bench



Update on our friend Gailen, Gailen was diagnosed in October with Stage 4 cancer.  Liver and Pancreatic and bile duct cancer.  I know many of you have followed their journey on Caring Bridge.  I know so many of you are praying for him, for Steph, for their kids.  Please don't stop.  He continues to fight this cancer.  He has been able to stay out of the hospital now since Christmas Day.  He continues to fight cancer with Chemo and prayer.  


Recently he and Steph were interviewed on a local Christian Radio show...


If you click on this you can listen to our dear friends Stephanie and Gailen, Gailen is our friend who was diagnosed with Stage 4 Liver/Pancreatic cancer.  Go to the bottom of the page and click on listen to radio show.  I think it will expire in another week or so...so don't waste time.


http://www.greatmarriagesandfamiliesiniowa.com/radio.php


I just listened to it, it touched my heart, I know it will yours.


Gailen has been feeling stronger this past month, he has been able to go to basketball games of Erika's, in the above picture he was feeling good enough to help coach the boys team one Sunday, he was well enough to take Grant out to Buffalo Wild Wings a couple of weeks ago for dinner...and let me tell you, watching Grant tell me that he and his Dad went to Buffalo Wild Wings MADE MY DAY..he was beaming.  Scott has enjoyed more time with him as well, which I know blesses his heart.  


I love how Gailen says " I KNOW I WILL BE HEALED WHETHER IT WOULD BE HERE OR IN HEAVEN.  I HAVE A PREFERENCE ON HOW I WANT IT TO GO, BUT EITHER WAY I WILL BE HEALED."


Please take time to listen to this...please pray for Gailen and their family.  


"I knew who God was before this...and now I really know that is true." Stephanie 

1 comment: