"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Happy 40th birthday Mike





Today is my big brother Mike's 40th BIRTHDAY.  40...wow I still feel like he and I are about 13 and 14.  And nope he is 40.  (which means I am almost 39, yes my crazy mom had us almost exactly one year apart, can you imagine having a 1 year old and a couple weeks later a newborn too?? Crazy.  Of course she always would say I wasn't a surprise to God, maybe to her, but not to God...good answer Mom)


Back to Mike...I adore my big brother.  Love him!  I have SO many wonderful memories of him throughout my entire life.  We have been very close for almost as long as I can remember.  Perhaps we weren't as close at ages 5 and 6...or 8 and 9.  But I have wonderful stories to tell about our relationship...most are quite entertaining, some involve an ER, stitches, breakfast in bed, threats to beat up boyfriends, eggs in a frame, goulash, stealing pizza money, sharing our Ford Mustang hatchback, shoulder surgery, wisdom teeth, marriage and babies...oh my so many.  Almost every memory I have from childhood includes him in one way or another.  Even the annoying noises, the punches in the arm, the slamming of the doors, the irritating sound effects, the hiding in my room to jump out and scare me, the stuffed animals thrown to the top of my canopy bed...hmm all seem funny now. (most at least)  Sorry for the constant, "you were adopted and we aren't sure if we are keeping you" comments on my part growing up too.  But it was the only comeback I had, and it worked.  :)


Happy birthday to my brother...I could not have asked for a better brother, and would NEVER have chosen one different.

love you
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment