"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Thursday, December 16, 2010

A day in the life...



















I think the pictures speak for themselves more than my words can...but I will say that the gingerbread house is a tradition that began when I was in the 8th grade with my friend Stacey Curry.  Continued on with our dear family friends, the Colbys...and now at our house.  We usually make it over Thanksgiving weekend...but we were in Ohio this year.  So it happened tonight.  I am becoming less and less involved as the boys get older and more independent with it.  I love the end product, it makes me smile.  I really REALLY really love traditions.  Oh and a quick side note speaking of traditions...as I walked by Tommy's room this morning he was playing Christmas songs on his iPod speakers and Anne Murray Christmas songs were one...I grew up with those songs.  I love that our boys are growing up with her singing them too.

Susan

P.S.  The tee shirt is in honor of our good friend Gailen who is battling pancreatic and liver cancer.  We just got them yesterday, all of the boys wore them today.  The purple is for pancreatic cancer.

2 comments:

  1. OH MY!!!! It was so emotional streaming through these pictures - just so much said with no words. Those houses are the bomb, too - wow - talented artists at your house. You look like you've had a really fun week at home getting ready for Christmas. I just love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new background first off.

    Second those pictures are so cute. We've never done gingerbread houses. Do you eat them?

    ReplyDelete