"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Away in a Manger

My Dad sang this to me when I was little, it was the December goodnight song always (he sang me to sleep for years and years...)  So this week, with Scott gone, I have tried to change up Max's bedtime routine a little bit...not sure why but I have.  So I have been nursing him downstairs then read a book, and we head upstairs to rock in his room and sing.  And since it is December...you got it the theme lullaby was...  So tonight as I was singing "Away in the Manger" I got to the last verse and it choked me up and really got to me...

these are the words

Be near me Lord Jesus, I ask thee to stay.
Close by me forever and love me I pray.
Bless all the dear children in thy tender care.
And take us to heaven to live with thee there.

wow...those are powerful words.  Especially when sung to my baby, while our other 3 boys are tucked snuggly into their beds, Jack was asleep, his Christmas tree twinkling.  I sang that verse over and over and tried to soak up that prayer for each of our boys, for my Love and for me.  I pray that for our boys with my whole heart.  I pray that they stay close to our Lord Jesus...I pray that we will all be taken to heaven to live with Him there.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, now I'm choked up too. thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all teared up just reading this. It puts my heart right where it should be. Thanks Susan.

    ReplyDelete