"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christmas Season

I love when it starts to really feel like Christmas Season...this week is when that all started here.  The house was decorated before, but this week with the boys' Christmas concert at school, Grandparents day and getting our tree today and the outside lights all up.  It feels like Christmas is coming.  I even got most of the boys gifts wrapped yesterday, thanks to having my parents here to help with Max.

 Jack singing

 Drew singing

Grandparents day after the program 

 Can you believe I found matching shirts?

I love these boys...


Do you ever just feel like a hamster running on a wheel?  You just work and work and go and go and you never get anything done?  Kind of an overwhelming feeling? That was me, about Tuesday and Wednesday..and maybe even Thursday.  My good friend Lori encouraged me to read along with her in a Bible plan...it's called Rediscovering Christmas.  And I am loving that, it gives you a daily scripture to read, on my phone, that just brings your heart and mind to Christmas.  I needed that focus, so thankful for friends who remind us of what's important.  I will admit I am the first to get frustrated when the house isn't clean, decorated when I want it to be, the laundry is overflowing, Scott is traveling, my boys are all talking at once, I feel overwhelmed with the daily ins and outs of caring for a family of 6.  Then I am reminded of the blessing each and every one of those things in.  I don't want to lose site of what is important this month, what REALLY matters is the heart of Christmas.  And the baby we celebrate.  I think of our dear friends, Gailen and Steph and how very sick he is right now, and how I would bet Steph has NONE of the above list on her radar right now.  I bet she doesn't care that her house isn't clean, maybe not decorated like she used to wish, laundry probably low on her list...none of that matters to her right now.  It reminds me to take a deep breath and drink in gratitude.

lunch today with grandma 

getting our tree, Max's first Christmas


 Max helping get the ornaments out and keeping track of the tissue paper

 Drew, my other ornament helper this year.  

I love December, I love Christmas season...I have always loved it.  I have so many wonderful memories in my life that have happened in December.....

2 comments:

  1. Love the matching shirts. Love the reminder of the Christmas season. Need to get reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always feel like I'm on that wheel too... and we haven't even started much of Christmas anything yet.... soon though. I just need to relax.

    I love the matching shirts!!!! Such sweet boys!

    ReplyDelete