"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

True friends

Lately, I have been reminded the gift of TRUE FRIENDS. The ones who love you no matter what. Love you if you have showered or not, your house is a mess of not, love you for who you are, not for what you can do for them. Friends who listen. Friends who pray. Friends who don't laugh at you, but who cry with you. Friends who are REAL. Nothing more nothing less. God has given me some dear FRIENDS in this life, some have been with me since jr high, some since college, some recent friends...some from Minnesota, some from Illinois, some from Iowa...some from before I met Scott, some since I met Scott. Some from before I was a Mom and some since I was a Mom. With each pregnancy and baby boy I find I have found friends who care about the little details of my babies. They care how they sleep, how they eat, how often they poop even. :) They really care. Friends who have journeyed with me in different chapters of my life.

I so appreciate my REAL friends. The ones who can see me at my worst, and still love me. Sounds cliche I know but I believe God gives us the friends we need JUST at the times we need them. Friends to remind us of truth and direct us to what is REAL and what is NOT real.

I am thankful tonight, for those friends of mine. Thanks for being patient with me and for loving me just where I am each day.


2 comments:

  1. Love this post, Susan!! It is amazing how God knows exactly what we need when we need it.:) Friendships that He brings to us are the best.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe God sends just the right people at just the right moments too! Love it.

    I'm glad to call you my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete