"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Our Favorite Mariner




Drew and Scott went to Omaha this morning as Drew has his first baseball tournament of the season there this weekend. I got these pics on my phone from Scott of Drew in his new jersey and hat. New for the season. He didn't get the jersey until he was at the game today.

For those of you who know and love Drew...this is all up his alley. Drew loves anything that involves TEAM, he is one of the most loyal people I know...he has been on this team for 3 or maybe 4 years now and wouldn't ever consider finding another. Drew is all about the time at a hotel, you would think he was staying at a Ritz Carlton the way he described his room to me on the phone today. He loves time alone with his Dad...talks to him non stop about everything that comes to his mind.

He is having a great time, he was the starting pitcher for their first game, played first base on his second game, had an inning of outfielding I beieve, walked once, grounded out a couple of times and then hit a double to help the game tie into extra innings. They won both games. (of course I may not be 100% accurate I am not known for following sports quite to the letter but I think I have most of it fairly close) He was tired tonight but so excited. 2 more games tomorrow and then they will be home.

Funny Scott told him his favorite part of the uniform was the name SHISLER on the back of it. (we make a big deal about honoring your family name around here, always making sure it is a name we hold in respect...something Scott believes in and something my Grandpa Twig talked about when I was little too) Then I sent an email telling Drew my favorite part was the SHISLER part and he told Scott "you and Mom always think the same". Pretty cute.

Go Mariners! Cheering you on from home!

1 comment: