"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

This makes me happy

Scott gave me this necklace 3 years ago for our 12th Anniversary, we were in Mexico when we found it. We were staying at a Ritz Carlton, (obviously a work trip normally we are NOT at Ritz Carltons)....but this necklace was in their gift shop. I walked by it day after day and I fell in love with it, normally I am not a hotel gift shop person. It was February, so not our anniversary yet, but I loved it. At the time we had been praying for God's will to be done with having another baby or not. It had been 2 years and we didn't have another baby so felt like that was God's answer.

BUT notice on this necklace, there are 6 hearts. I fell in love with that part of it, the red heart was me, the green was Scott and the little yellow and blue hearts were our children, goofy maybe, but how I felt. I have worn this necklace over and over ever since Scott surprised me with it...and always noticed the "extra heart" that it had. I haven't worn it since I was pregnant, it's not an every day necklace. I put it on tonight, and started to smile...notice all the hearts are now accounted for. Max completed our family....

4 comments:

  1. I was there when you first saw that necklace. You loved it instantly and emphatically. 6 hearts, of course, there are 6 hearts! We didn't know, but God certainly did! Smiling from central IL....

    ReplyDelete
  2. God had your family planned before the beginning of time - something I sometimes take for granted, but it's just the coolest thing! Your necklace is a great reminder of Him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, Susan. I loved reading that and thinking about God's answer to that prayer.

    ReplyDelete